Tuesday, September 8, 2009

neurontin/gabapentin side effects?

Okay, so the gabapentin has lessened the pinpricks and electrical shocks. I can live with that if need be, I hope. It has also removed the overwhelming fatigue that set in every day mid-afternoon. And that was so welcome! The med, does, however, carry side effects. Constipation/diarrhea would be one of the many.

Since I've been on an "eat more fiber" kick for more years than I care to remember, the side effect I experienced was decidedly not unwelcome. You get the idea, I'm sure. ;)

But now the side effects have caught up with me. I'm going to have to do away with the gabapentin, I suspect. Maybe just a dose at night to relieve the RLS? And help me get to sleep?

Anything else anyone has tried that's alleviated the pinpricks, electric shocks, RLS and fatigue?

Other than IVIg,I suppose, since I'd have to travel about 300 miles round-trip each day of IVIg treatment. And then there's the matter of ... is M/C going to pay? Gee whiz! Are we having fun yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment